The Jagdschloss Grunewald was built in 1542/1543 and is therefore the oldest surviving palace in Berlin. Elector Joachim II of Brandenburg had it built for his hunting trips.
Since 1932 the castle has been used as a museum with a permanent exhibition of the top-class Cranach collection, and in 1977 a collection of hunting equipment was moved into the adjoining building.
In the summer months, the Jagdschloss Grunewald , with its beautiful location on the Grunewaldsee, serves as a venue for a variety of concerts.
by public transports
bus X10 / X83 Königin-Luise-Str./Clayallee (Berlin) + ca. 1200 m footpath